When it comes to OSP centres like call centres, you can already presume that there is large number of calls take place. These calls can be either inbound or outbound. Both of them have separate significance. Therefore, to understand which is hte one that is suited to be the best for you, you need to understand the difference between the two.
Inbound Call Centre: Definition
This type of call centre handled several inbound calls from the consumers, or potential customers. The nature of these types of call services is to provide proper services to the clients. The features of such call centres are:
- Focused towards answering the client’s questions
- They are only point of contact for the customers to the company
- They ensure that the customers are handled in a well versed and polite manner
Outbound Call Centre: Definition
Outbound call centres are the ones that are more focused towards sending out calls to the potential customers and sometimes, existing customers. The purpose of such types of call centres is entrenched in marketing and their focus to towards customer acquisition. Therefore, you can say that the features of this type of call centres are the following:
- They are meant for marketing
- They are meant for customer acquisition
- They call to advertise their services.
- Cold calls are allowed in this case
Inbound Vs Outbound: Effective Opposites of each other
The inbound and outbound calls are effectively opposites of each other. Inbound call centres are more focused towards receiving the phone calls. Therefore, they mostly exist as BPOs to the most ubiquitous companies out there.
- Inbound call centres are meant to address the grievances of the customers
- Outbound call centres are meant to market the services of a company.
Regardless of what type of call centre that you choose, you would need to obtain an OSP License for this matter.