A call center is a type of OSP or “Other Service Provider” whose focus is to provide certain IT enabled services to the customers and the clients through the way of calling. Now, when you observe the call center, you will notice that there is extremely intricate machinery running the background. These machines and these resources can only be used to such an extent after a proper license from the Department of Telecommunication. This license, called the OSP License that paves the way to run a call center is the very way to register a call center in India. Through this blog, you will know about the process associated with obtaining this license.
Call Center License Registration steps
Before you begin with the registration, you will need to obtain a license. You need to have a foundation for a call center. This foundation is the company. Therefore, before you register a call center, your concern should be to register a company. The process of company registration can be ignored if you already have a company registered. However, the certification of incorporation that you get after company registration is an important document that you need to have your hands on.
Once you have registered your company, you need to gather the following documents in order to start the registration.
- COI: The certificate of Incorporation of the company that is to be the foundation of the call center.
- MOA and AOA: Memorandum of Association and the Articles of Association of the company. These are to define the purpose of the company, and you would put a call center there.
- A proper authorization from the board: The board has to authorize the signatory either through a resolution or a power of attorney.
- A list of the directors of the company
- Number of seats that are prevalent in the call center.
- Details of the equipment and the layout of the call centre.
- The bandwidth of the leased lines.
- Address of the locations that are connected with the leased lines.
Once you have accumulated these applications, you need to follow the steps given below to register the OSP:
- Log on to the website saralsanchar.gov.in.
- Enter your credentials on the website
- Keep the scanned documents by your side, and prepare to upload then when the form filing window arrives.
- Make sure that every document that you submit has been attested by the Company Secretary,
- Submit the application along with the prescribed payment.
Now, the process might appear to be simple but mind you, it is a red herring and you need assistance throughout it. Therefore, contact the right DOT OSP experts for the job so that you can actually get the license.