The world runs on the advertisement. Without it, you won’t know about the products that you can buy, and the products that are just made up. It is a form of marketing that uses popularity and fashion as its tools. However, there are some forms of marketing that are rather personal. You receive them th0orough your telephones all the time. No! I am not talking about the annoying bank personnel who want to call you for loans, they are outbound call centers. Telemarketing is different.
What is Telemarketing?
Telemarketing is a process of marketing that uses personal phone calls to the potential or existing customers to market the products. Well, it used to be telephone calls but with time and tech, it has changed and video conferencing has become another mode for marketing. To become a telemarketer, you need TRAI registration. TRAI stands for Telecom Regulatory Authority of India. It is an independent body that watches over the telecommunication industry.
To put it simply, to become a telemarketer, you need to register yourself with TRAI. This blog’s primary focus is to tell you the process to acquire TRAI License for telemarketing.
Registration process for telemarketers
The process that we are going to unveil is a bit lengthy. However, you don’t need to worry! We are putting them in simple terms so that you know what you need to do to become a telemarketer:
- First, visit the website www.nccptrai.gov.in.
- When on the homepage, click on “New Telemarketer Registration”
- On the next screen, input the type of entity you are. You can be a company, an LLP, a firm, a society or an individual.
- Based on your selected entity, a TRAI application form shall appear. It would be tailored based on the entity you have chosen.
- Fill in the details as asked. Most of these details would need to be absolutely correct. So make sure that you have got your company incorporation documents, society documents or other by your side.
- After filing the application for TRAI registration, click on review.
- Reviewing the application will give you a chance to make corrections if you have made some mistake.
- After reviewing the application, click on the “submit” button to proceed.
- After you have successfully submitted, you are going to get the following:
- A unique application number
- A username and password
We recommend that you note these details down somewhere in your PC.
- You are going to receive the username and password on your email. Therefore, open your email and from the link that is given there, log in to the website again.
- Once you are on the website, click on the login button and use the credentials you have received through email to log in.
- Click on “Print application form” to print the application form (obviously).
- The TRAI License fees or the registration fees (government fees) for the new telemarketers is INR 5,000/-. Once you have filed the application, you can either submit the payment later or can “proceed to payment” right away. You shall receive a payment receipt. Take a printout of that.
- The online payment is quite an easy process. However, it is the offline payment that can be quite inconvenient. Nevertheless, if you choose the offline payment option, you can either pay through cash of demand draft.
- If you choose to pay through DD (demand draft), you should know that DD of only 28 listed banks is allowed. You shall receive the Challan once you complete offline payment
- Wait for a few days and you acquire the Telemarketer Registration certificate.
- Once you acquire the TRAI license or Telemarketing registration certificate, you are now ready to obtain the Customer Acquisition form (CAF) from your access provider. Your access provider is the one that gives you telecom resources to do your business as a telemarketer.
- Once you acquire CAF, fill it and attach it along with Challan/ payment, TRAI license and registration with DOT/Term cell and submit it to the access provider.
- As you are submitting the CAF to the access provider, they shall start the allocation of telecom resources. Before they do that, get into a legal agreement with them.
- The agreement would entail the terms and conditions of sending promotional and transactional messages.
- Once the agreement is signed, the access provider starts providing you the identifiable telecom resources for your telemarketing business. It shall include:
- A number to make voice calls
- Special headers
- SMS facilities.
- Once the resources are activated, the access provider shall log in to www.nccptrai.gov.in to update the resources that they have provided to you for your telemarketing business.
The steps are a tad bit too many, aren’t they? However, you don’t have to do anything. As the premiere DOT OSP registration experts in India, you can leave your requirement for TRAI OSP License to us. Our experts shall help you throughout the procedure.