Running a BPO in India means running a business outsourcing center where you provide IT-enabled services to your clients. To provide them, you need to utilize a vast number of telecom resources. The purpose of these resources can be as follows:
- To take calls of the clients.
- To send out calls to the customers.
- To provide them billing, e-commerce, Tele-trading, networking, and other IT-enabled services.
You might already realize that using telecom resources at a large scale – enough to provide IT-enabled services to many customers – needs proper supervision of proper authority. Department of Telecommunication is such authority and the license that it provides that enables it to watch over the BPO is called OSP License or DOT OSP license.
What is OSP License?
OSP License or Other Service Provider License is an authorization that the DOT (Department of Telecommunication) gives to companies to run BPOs, LPOs, KPOs, RPOs, call centers, etc. It is a location-based license, which means that if you want to run more than one BPO in India, you are going to need more than one license.
There are two types of BPOs: Domestic and International. Each of them requires a Specific OSP License. The documents required to acquire an OSP License for the BPO are more or less the same.
Documents required getting an OSP License for the BPO
To get an OSP License to run BPO in India, you are going to need the following documents:
- Certificate of Incorporation: Only a company can apply the application to get the OSP License. Therefore, the first document you need is proof of your registered company – Certificate of Incorporation (a Xerox copy of it).
- Memorandum of Association: The Memorandum of Association has details about the objectives of the company. You will need a copy of the Memorandum of Association in which you should have specified that the company’s purpose is to provide IT-enabled services.
- List of Directors of the company: A list of directors of the company is required as well.
- Shareholding pattern of the company: You will need a list of shareholders/members of your company and how much share has been subscribed to these shareholders.
- Network Diagram: How you are using Telecom resources within your BPO depends upon a proper layout of the network. A network diagram is therefore required.
- A description of the BPO: There are multiple types of BPOs from RPO, LPO, KPO, and Tele-Trading, Tele-Banking, Customer Services, Networking and much more. You will need a 60-word description of your BPO.
The process to get OSP License to start a BPO
The process of getting an OSP License to start a BPO includes the steps given below:
- Start a Company.
- Gather the documents for OSP registration as specified in the previous section.
- File the application for OSP registration online.
- Get the OSP registration number.
From the period of when you are going to start a Company and the time it is going to take you to get OSP registration number, it is going to take around two months.
But once you get the OSP registration number, you can start running a BPO in India.